DID: +65 6827 5576
Chantik’s main practice is civil and commercial litigation, where she has advised individuals, shareholders, directors, and companies, as well as financial institutions in various litigation and restructuring scenarios. In addition, Chantik has been involved in a number of employment related disputes. Chantik frequently assists clients to achieve mutually satisfactory outcomes through alternate dispute resolution.
Chantik graduated from the University of Durham in 2014 and was called to the Singapore Bar in 2016. Chantik is an Accredited Mediator with the Singapore Mediation Centre and the Singapore International Mediation Institute, as well as a member of the Singapore Association of Women Lawyers.
- Distinction in Land Law & Criminal Law (Part A of the Bar Examinations)
- Distinction in Intellectual Property Law & Mediation (Part B of the Bar Examinations)
- Ranked joint-4th in Part B of the Bar Examinations (2015)
Speaking Engagements/Articles written:
- Contribution to Chapters 8 & 9 to the Art of Family Lawyering (2019 Special Edition)
Notable matters include:
- Successfully acted for a bunker trader in overturning a decision by the High Court in CIMB Bank Bhd v World Fuel Services (Singapore) Pte Ltd and another appeal  SGCA 19;  1 SLR 1217. This dispute involved the incorporation of a set-off clause into transactional documents.
- Successfully defended an application for leave to bring a derivative action for alleged breach of director’s duties in Ozak Seiko Co Ltd v Ozak Seiko (S) Pte Ltd  SGHC 34
- Successfully obtained a Mareva injunction to restrain dissipation of assets by the sole administrator of the estate. Successfully resisted the appeal to the High Court in Lim Yew Meng v Lim Wei Qi, Ricky (administrator of the estate of Lim Yew Kwan, deceased)  SGDC 237.
- Involved in the restructuring of a multinational commodities trading Group of Companies with a total debt in excess of USD700m. Acting for one of the Group entities to obtain a moratorium in Singapore against its creditors, and to recover losses for the Group in various jurisdictions including Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, India, and the UAE.
- Acting for a director of a company under interim judicial management, where the applicant is alleging various breaches of a facility agreement.
- Acting for a former director of a company in a claim for purported diversion of business, breach of confidentiality, conspiracy, and misappropriation of copyright/trade secrets.
- Acting for a commodities broker in a suit commenced by her former employer for alleged breaches of post-termination restraints.
- Acting for an IT service executive in a suit commenced by his former employer for alleged breaches of post-termination restraints. This matter was settled through private negotiations.
- Acting in the restructuring of a home-grown Singaporean hardware supplier.
- Acting for investors who incurred substantial losses when they relied on (mis)representations to invest in medical devices marketed in Europe, China, Singapore and the US in Yong Khong Yoong Mark and others v Ting Choon Meng and another  SGHC 246 & Yong Khong Yoong Mark and others v Ting Choon Meng and another  SGHC. This matter is pending appeal.
- Acting for a bank that had provided a letter of credit to fund a transaction of crude oil which was tainted by fraud in Credit Agricole Corporate & Investment Bank, Singapore Branch v PPT Energy Trading Co Ltd and another suit  SGHC(I) 1. This matter is pending appeal.
- Acted for an insurer in the restructuring of one of Asia’s largest oil trading and ship chartering management companies, which have been placed under judicial management.
- Acted for entrepreneurs in a claim by their former employer for alleged diversion of customers, damage to reputation, and breach of post-termination restraints. This matter was settled during mediation.
- Acted for a company which planned, designed and implemented online courses for businesses, government agencies and schools (primarily in South East Asia), against a claim commenced by a Norwegian company under a share purchase agreement. This matter was settled during mediation.
- Acted for 6 directors and former employees of a company in a suit commenced by the company for alleged breaches of fiduciary, contractual, and other equitable duties, as well as misuse of confidential information, dishonestly assisting directors in breaches of their duties, etc. This matter was settled during mediation.
- Advised various clients on the Community Disputes Resolution Act, the Workplace Safety and Health Act 2006, the Workplace Safety and Health (Incident Reporting) Regulations, the Work Injury Compensation Act 2019, the Protection from Harassment Act 2014, and the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payments Act 2004.
Dedicated to quality service without exception