Prior to joining PK Wong & Nair, Noel practiced at one of Singapore’s Big Four law firms and was Assistant Chief Counsel at the Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA). He was also Counsel at the Singapore International Mediation Centre (SIMC).
Noel’s main practice is civil and commercial litigation, where he has amassed experience in restructuring and insolvency, tort, admiralty, tax, and telecommunications/infocomm regulatory matters. He has also assisted clients in achieving mutually beneficial settlements of their disputes, through mediation or negotiations.
Noel graduated from the National University of Singapore in 2015, where he was placed on the Dean’s List for Academic Year 2011/2012. In Part B of the Bar Examinations, he scored a distinction in Ethics and Professional Responsibility. He has contributed to the Shipping volume of the Halsbury’s Laws of Singapore.
Notable matters include:
- Advising Credit Suisse AG Singapore Branch in various litigation matters, including cross-border proceedings, obtaining injunctions to restrain breaches of exclusive jurisdiction clauses, local enforcement proceedings, committal proceedings and assisting with a Court of Appeal hearing following the successful defence of a S$25million dollar High Court suit.
- Advising an international wines and spirits distributor on its multi-million dollar claims for breach of contract and successfully negotiating a settlement.
- Advising a local company in relation to an S$80million dispute arising out of a sale and leaseback property transaction and successfully negotiating a settlement.
- Advising a leading vertically integrated healthcare platform in the Asia-Pacific region across its multiple ongoing disputes in relation to its IPO.
- Advising Australian tax authorities on potential claims against an ultra high net-worth individual for non-payment of outstanding duties.
- Advising the Technics group of companies in the judicial management and restructuring of its listed holding company, Technics Oil & Gas Limited.
- Assisting on the restructuring of a Singapore listed shipping company involving debts in excess of $1billion.
- Acting for a leading M&A practitioner in the K12 education sphere in his defence against alleged breach of oral contract arising out of a multi-million dollar dispute, and his counterclaim for defamation.
- Acting for several funds under the management of Crest Capital Asia Pte Ltd to recover sums owing under various high value facilities.
- Acting for a Singapore electronics manufacturer in enforcement proceedings for a multi-million dollar arbitration award in Malaysia.
Dedicated to quality service without exception