Our leading Restructuring & Insolvency practice has seen our lawyers advise bondholders, other creditors, major debtors, trustees and liquidators in a wide variety of industries – from fashion houses to fisheries and coal mining companies to name a few. We continue to deliver in tough financial conditions.
Our expertise in this area includes:
- Cross-border Schemes of Arrangement;
- Winding Up and Judicial Management;
- Clawback claims and other Insolvency-related litigation;
- Investigations of directors’ and company activities
Notable matters include:
- Pacific Andes Resources Development Ltd and other matters  SGHC 210 – acting for the Informal Steering Committee of distressed bondholders issued by a major fisheries company;
- Living the Link Pte Ltd (in creditors’ voluntary liquidation) and others v Tan Lay Tin Tina and others  SGHC 67 – successfully acted for liquidators in a clawback claim for unfair preference transactions in a landmark decision on among other things directors’ personal liability in such transactions;
- Pathfinder Strategic Credit LP and another v Empire Capital Resources Pte Ltd and another appeal  2 SLR 77– acted for the applicant in an application to convene a scheme meeting for a scheme of arrangement to restructure bond debts in the value of US$950 million;
- Re Swiber Holdings  5 SLR 1358 – acted for Trustees for noteholders of Swiber Holdings Limited in a landmark case about the role and responsibilities of bond Trustees in insolvency scenarios.
- Manharlal Trikamdas Mody and another v Sumikin Bussan International (HK) Limited  SGHC 123 – acted for individual debtors in an application restraining the judgment creditor from commencing proceedings in India, as well as in an application for leave to serve process out of jurisdiction.
- Acted for, amongst others, the respective liquidators of a major Korean conglomerate, what had been the oldest stock broking entity in Singapore, and a listed entity who commenced action against a former managing director for unfair preferential payments